Showing up as feminine in your power, in a male dominated environment can be tough… add to that, expectations to juggling family responsibilities.
I remember a couple of years ago, whilst balancing my video production company and taking contracts in tech as a Digital and IT transformation consultant (and juggling being a mother)…
My little one had a school performance (this same time in the year).
And I was expected to go present to some Key Stakeholders.
I almost cried on the way to that presentation. ?
I struggled, wanting to be there to watch my son (6) perform.
I remember getting to the station and the underground was closed. ?
There was chaos everywhere. Everyone had to walk to the next underground station.
To make matters worse it was raining heavily (but I can’t be sure, it could have been my tears ?).
I got there very very late, no presentation and even if I had gone to watch my son perform, I would have got to the venue the same time (due to the delay).
That day pushed me:
- To find better balance
- To identify what my top priorities were
- To better operate from my feminine, listen to my intuition and show up in my power regardless.
Slowly, I reduced the length of contracts taking into 6 months in a year to 3months in the year, later to 0.
Doing this gave me the headspace to figure out what I want and work towards it.
- What do you want to create in and out of work?
- Are you getting the headspace to figure it out and plan for it?
- How are you developing your inner power to fully show up in challenging and sometimes toxic work/ home environment?
Don’t suffer in silence. Where the environment proves to be too toxic, speak to someone.
What challenges are you currently experiencing and how are you managing with these?Read more